Saturday 21 February 2015

Almost Anything: New Beginnings Chapter 8

Becks P.O.V

"So you're telling me." Logan said slowly "That the same alien that abducted you broke into your house and tried to take Paige, but Neil showed up and SHOT AT IT while Paige was right there, BLEW A HOLE in the wall of the BEAUTIFUL house that I built for you, and chased the alien off into the night?"

"Thats right." I replied, conveniently leaving out the part where Neil and I kissed.



Logan rolled his eyes.
"When that mauve popsicle crawls back here I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. He is the reason this country needs gun laws. Poor Paige is going to have nightmares. I'M going to have nightmares!"


Logan glanced out the window across the street to my house, where a small fire still burned in the hole in my bedroom wall. He shuddered.

"Logan, I can't stay here in Sunlit Tides. Its not safe." I said fearfully, picturing my baby girl in the arms of that evil alien.
Logan softly bit his lip and furrowed his brow, before standing up from the chair.


"Well wherever your going, I'm coming with you." He stated. "I can't leave you, or my babies under the care of Neil. That dipwad is insane!"

"But Logan-"

"No buts! I'm taking my family and coming with you. I don't even like this place that much anymore." Logan's eyes flashed a pained look, but quickly went back to normal.


"Well when Neil comes back... If he comes back... We can figure out where we are going to go."

"Neil-shmiel, I know exactly where we are going to go!" Logan said excitedly, and ran off into the house.
When he came back he was carrying a brochure.
"Here! Midnight Hollow!"



It's Rarely Sunny in Midnight Hollow!

Hello there friend,


Are you sick of feeling out of place?

Sick of feeling bad that there's no one around like you?
Sick of those smiling neighbors telling you to enjoy the "sunset" in the "valley?"


Then come to Midnight Hollow where it's good to be one of a kind!


Following the description were many photos of ...odd looking people. Werewolves, vampires, witches, fae and just generally people who would never go unnoticed or unjudged in general society, living their lives in peace and happiness



"Logan.... This place is perfect! Paige would blend right in!"

"Exactly!" Logan enthused. "No more 'Its 1am why are you grilling steaks' or 'your daughter ate my lawn gnome for the 5th time' or 'what the heck are you doing in my garbage bin'!"

"Um yeah... That too." I glanced out the window at Logans neighbors garden, and saw the spaces where five tiny gnomes should have been.


Suddenly, there was a series of very loud knocks on the door.

Logan sighed. "I'll get it"
As he walked away, I heard him yell: "If this is about your chihuahua I assure you Ms. Jenkins, I haven't seen it!"

The door opened and I heard the sound of claws and teeth sliding out of their sheaths.
"You." Logan snarled.


"Um, is Becks here?" Neil's voice quavered. I hopped out of my seat and made my way to the porch as quickly as I could.

"Neil!" I engulfed him in a hug, earning another snarl from Logan. "Are you ok? Did you catch him?"


Neil ran a hand through his dirty lavender hair.
"No... I couldn't catch him... I'm so sorry..." He sighed, looking defeated. "He had reinforcements and I had no back up. But I managed to drive them away, for now."

Logan scoffed.
"Whats the good of you if you cant even do your job?" He pointed a claw at Neil's neck. "I vote we be done with you now, just like that stupid yappy dog."


"LOGAN!" I yelled. grabbing his extended arm. "If it wasn't for Neil, that alien would have taken Paige and I and done who knows what with us. You are under no circumstances, to harm him. Are we clear?"

Logan let out a low growl. "Fine. But the whole deals off if you get hurt because of him."
He lowered his arm and retracted his claws.
He looked at Neil and sighed. "Come in." he said through bared fangs.


Neil nervously walked with us to the living room, and sat next to me on the couch across from Logan.

"So." Logan started, "What's your plan, Mr. Secret Agent?"

"Well, I elect we take Becks and her entire family to an underground secret government facility. You can stay there until we find the aliens again and eliminate them for good."

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Thats crazy! I'm not taking my whole family and going into hiding!"


Neil sighed. "I figured you would say that, but unless you have a better idea, i'm afraid we have no choice."

"Actually." Logan said, picking up the brochure for Midnight Hollow and passing it to Neil. "We do."

Neil carefully examined the brochure.
"This... This just might be crazy enough to work! You can hide with your family in plain sight! But I have to warn you... There is no guarantee that you will be completely safe."


"Thats a risk i'm willing to take for my freedom." I squeezed Neils hand and Logan gave us a look of disgust.

"Ok." He said. "I will have it arranged for you to move there and get you a house asap."

"Actually... " Logan interrupted. "I've got the house thing covered." He handed me a picture of a beautiful two story house.



"Logan..." I said, shocked. "You did this for me?"


Logan blushed a bit. "Yeah, I've been planning this move for a while now. The outside is finished but the inside still needs a bit of work. I can have it done in a week, tops."

A huge smile grew on my face and I tackled Logan with a hug.
"What would I do without you?" I asked, still smiling.


"Live underground in a secret facility while this idiot tries to kill an alien who is after you and your daughter?" Logan stated matter of factly, motioning to Neil who looked away from us.

"Yeah..." I responded, the smile fading from my face.

"Mom?"
I spun around to see Maggie, Lourdes and Jeanie. Their faces shadowed with sadness.


"What? What's wrong?" I exclaimed, walking over to them.

"Mom we heard you talking with Dad and Neil about moving... And we decided we want to stay here."

Hearing my girls request. My eyes started to well up with tears.

"Momma" Jeanie said gently, hugging me. "We have lives here, and friends. We can't leave, mom."



"I- I understand." I sniffled, and the three girls smiled at me and Neil wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Before you go though, let me throw you guys a birthday party!" Logan enthused, and the girls cheered. I smiled, but I still felt empty inside. My girls were leaving, and I had to let them go.

~*~*~*~*~

Maggie, Jeanie and Lourdes aged up into beautiful young adults

~*~*~*~*~

"Logan are we lost? This is nowhere near where you told Neil to meet us."
I looked at the map, and to Logan in the drivers seat, who was laughing through his nose.
My eyes widened.
"You gave him the wrong address?!?"


"Maybe... But look, we're here!"

We pulled up to the house Logan had showed me in the picture. It was just as magnificent in person. Neil's truck was already in the driveway.

"What? How did he get here?" Logan grumbled.


I got out of the vehicle, and Neil got out of his truck. We met halfway, and he engulfed me in a hug.

"Hey! I was worried you guys weren't going to get here!" He nodded and acknowledged Logan, standing cross armed behind me. "The directions you gave me were wrong, I didn't know if you just messed up on where you thought the house was or-"

Logan cut him off. "I don't 'mess up" Logan said matter of factly,


"I beg to differ." I smirked, and Logan frowned.

"Im going to go get Angel and Dusty out of the car." He stalked off towards the car.

"Neil will help you!" I gently shoved Neil in Logans direction, and he followed him to the car.



~*~*~*~*~

"Wow!" I exclaimed, walking into the house. The inside was even more magnificent than the outside. From the entry way, I could see a lovely breakfast nook, and the entrance to the living room. In front of us was a staircase that led up to the kitchen.

"Logan, its great! I love it!" Logan laid Dusty, who was still asleep in his carrier, down on the floor, and walked up beside me.




"I knew you would! It's amazing!" He said proudly. "Just wait until you see the bedrooms!" Logan started to lead me upstairs when Angel started crying.


"Um, Becks? I think she wants to be taken out of her carrier." Neil said. He was still holding the carryer, rocking it slightly in an attempt to get Angel to stop crying.



"Yeah, she doesn't really like that thing. Just take her out and carry her in your arms."
Neil laid down the carrier and picked up Angel. She continued to screech.

"Um Becks?" Neil said anxiously. I couldn't help but giggle.


"Have you ever held a baby before? Here." I led him to the couch, where we both sat down.
"Ok, now just put your hand under her bum to hold her up. Let her tuck in her knees, she still likes to be curled up, and put you hand on her back- yeah just like that! There, she should be better now."
Sure enough, Angel calmed down and stopped crying. Neil looked amazed.

"Woah, she stopped crying. You're a natural!" He exclaimed.
I laughed.



"Well, its not like this is my first time." Angel let out a soft snore, she had fallen asleep in Neil's arms.
"Aww, I think she likes you, Neil!" I said quietly.

"Really?"

"Pfft." Logan, who had been watching disgustedly as Neil held Angel, scoffed. "She is probably just exhausted because you stressed her out when you held her wrong." Neil frowned. "Come on Becks, I still need to show you the second story."



"Oh right!" I got up from the couch. "Neil, can you stay here and watch the babies while we finish the house tour?" Neil nodded yes, so not to wake angel.

"Great!" Logan said. "Now lets go!"

The first room upstairs was the master bedroom. It was big and spacious, with a small sitting area to the right of the bed, and a door to the master bath across the room.



From there we went into the master bathroom, which also shared a door with the hall so it could be used as the main bath for the second floor as well. It was equipped with a bath, sink and toilet, and the walls were painted a calming shade of lavender.




We left the bathroom and crossed the hallway into the girls room. It had three single beds, a reading nook, an easel, and was painted a bright yellow. 




Right across the hallway from the girls room was the boys room. It also had three single beds, and a place to hang out and play video games. The room was decorated in an Adventure Time theme, with bright colors and patterns. 



We walked down the hallway to the final room upstairs, and Logan stopped me. 

"Ok, close your eyes, this last one is a surprise!" He said enthusiastically.
I rolled my eyes.

"Do I really have to?"

"Yes!" Logan pouted.



"Fine." I closed my eyes and let Logan lead me into the final room.

"Ok, go ahead and open your eyes!"


 I opened my eyes and looked around. The last room was a nursery. The room had two sections, one for toddlers and one for babies, each filled with toys and other things for babies and toddlers to play with. Everything was jungle themed. 






"OH MY GOSH! Its so cute!" I exclaimed, going around the room examining everything.
Everything was perfect.
"Logan, its...its..." I started to cry.


Logan rushed over and hugged me. "What's wrong? Do you not like it?"
I laughed a bit through my tears.

"No, the house is perfect. I'm just- so happy. You didn't have to do any of this for me, but you did, and it means so much to me right now."
Logan smiled slightly.



"Of course I had to help you out. You're one of my best friends, I would do almost anything for you!"

"Almost anything? What does that mean?" I smirked, wiping away my tears.

"Well," Logan stopped to think. "I wouldn't let you eat all of my pizza and ice cream or anything crazy like that." We both laughed. "Now, lets get back to Neil. Hopefully the babies haven't driven him insane yet." We laughed again, and headed back downstairs.



~*~*~*~*~


Ta da! A new chapter (finally!) the first chapter of 2015! 

It's not the best, and it took forever, but I really hope you guys liked it anyways!

Keep being awesome,

~Amiee~









2 comments:

  1. omg yesss! I have been waiting for this soo long! I would refresh the main page constantly and this update definitely lived up to the wait. :D Fantastic chapter as always~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg brillent but wh...w...why did you let the triplets go whyyyyy lol can't wait for the next chapter😄

    ReplyDelete