Wednesday 1 May 2013

A Rude Awakening: New Beginnings Chapter 3

Becks P.O.V

"Shhh! She's waking up! Becks, can you hear me?"
A voice I didn't recognize came from the space above my head.

"Mom... Mom are you ok? Its me, Dai. Can you hear me?"
I opened my eyes, and saw Dai and and a man with mauve hair standing over me.

"Dai..." I tried to ask him what was going on, but my mouth was dry and my voice was non-existent.

Mom!" Dai hugged me. "I'm so happy you're ok!"
The mauve haired man put his hand on Dai's shoulder. He opened his mouth to say something but two squeals interrupted him.

"MOMMY!" Tom's scream penetrated the room and him and Mason jumped on top of me, causing pain to shoot through my upper body. I cringed and Dai and the mauve haired man pulled them off of me in a panic.
"NO, NO DON'T JUMP!" Dai yelled with one giggling toddler under each arm. Mason twisted in Dai's arms and fell toward the floor.
 I quickly tried to sit up in terror but I could barely get my head off of the pillow. Dai reached out his arm in a flash and grabbed Mason by the leg, his little head just inches from the floor. Dai got Mason into his arms again and I breathed a sigh or relief.


"Uh Dai, why don't you take them to their room?" The mauve haired man scratched his head and Dai nodded and went upstairs with the toddlers.
I turned my head to look at the man again. I took in his features, his broad shoulders, muscular arms and charming smile.
"Do I know you?" I managed to croak and he laughed, producing a melodious sound.
"You don't remember me?" He tilted his head. Even in a questioning tone his voice sounded familiar and calming. I looked at his face again and I recognized him as the man from the night before, from the alien ship.
"N? What are you doing here! What happened!" My voice was still dry and cracked but the words were recognizable.


"You blacked out when we jumped out of the ship. I brought you straight home, but the medical team will be here tomorrow to assess your condition."
I blinked, "My condition? What are you talking about?"
N scratched his spiky hair.
"Well we uh, think the aliens did something to you when they abducted you. The medical team will elaborate when they get here, but until they do, you're on bed rest."
Did something to me? I reached into my memory trying to remember what they did to me in that sterile room but everything came back blank.

N must have noticed the confusion on my face because he crouched down by the couch and pulled the blanket over my shoulders.
"Don't worry about it now, Just get some rest. Your kids are all taken care of."
I closed my eyes.
"Thank you N." I sighed.
He laughed.
"You can call me Neil."

~*~*~*~*~
The next morning when I woke up, the sun was just rising over the hills. The birds were singing and the chickens clucking... wait. I didn't have chickens. I made a mental note to check that out later and managed to sit up and painfully stretch my arms.

 N- I mean Neil, was sleeping on the couch to my right. He must have noticed I had woken up, because he started to get up. When he pushed the blanket off himself, I realized he wasn't wearing a shirt, and I got a glimpse of his muscular chest before I quickly looked away.


"You can look, I have a shirt on now," Neil chuckled at me. I blushed and slowly turned around again.
He quickly looked at his watch. "Shit! The medical team will be here any minute, and i'm not even dressed," Neil exclaimed, mostly to himself and ran off to the bathroom to get ready, cursing under his breath.

The medical team arrived just as Neil came running down the stairs in a suit and tie. They rolled in a hospital bed, which they lifted me on to, and a barrage of monitors and machines. My living room quickly became a makeshift medical clinic. The medical team worked quickly, performing many tests including one I recognized; and ultrasound. When they got what they needed they started packing up.

"Ms. Best, we will have the results for you tomorrow. I would highly recommend staying off your feet until then. We left a wheelchair in the foyer for your personal use. Have a good day."
The doctor was quick and 'to the point' with me. It wasn't long before the last of the stuff was going out through the door, when Logan burst into the house.

"What's with the doctors? Did Mia attack someone? Do they have internal injuries? HAVE THEY TALKED ABOUT SEEKING A LAWYER?!" His blonde hair was messy and he was wearing overalls and gardening gloves.
"Hey Logan, the doctors were just here to check up on me."
Logan's eyes widened.
"What happened?!? Are you hurt?"
"Didn't Adele tell you?"
"No..."
I sighed.
"Come here and sit down, I will tell you."
Logan slowly walked over and sat on the couch next to me.

"So... What's up?"
I put my hands on my lap and looked at the floor.
"I was uh.... Abducted by aliens..." I quickly trailed off and Logan stared at me like I was insane.
"So... Mia wasn't here?"
"Nope."
Logan sat there while I told him the story of my abduction, and my rescue by Neil.
"Neil? That's a stupid name." Logan scoffed.

"How lame, jumping out of a spaceship."
Commented Logan when I was finished and I raised an eyebrow at him.
"And you can do better?" I teased.
Logan smirked,
"Actually, I already did."

Logan helped me off the couch into the wheelchair, and wheeled me out into the back yard.
"Well, here it is! I built it myself! Do you like it?"
Standing in my yard was a brand new chicken coop, complete with chickens and everything!


"Logan! This is awesome! Thank you sooo much! I would hug you if I could get out of this stupid chair."
I thought for a moment.
"Here, bend over for a sec."
Logan bent over and I took his head in my hand and kissed him on the cheek.
"There, tha'ts better." I smiled and I thought I saw Logan blush.


"So, are you going to name them?" Logan asked.

"Logan, what do you even name chickens?" I giggled and he went over and picked one up.

"Well, this one has feathers, so lets name him Feathers!" The chicken squawked un-happily and hopped out of Logan's arms.

"I think the chicken would agree with me when I say that 'Feathers' is a stupid name." Logan faked a frown at my response.

"Well you should have named him first. It's too late to change it now, you'll confuse the poor thing."
I wheeled myself over to the chicken coop and picked up another chicken.

"Lets name this one Fred." I suggested, stroking its silky feathers.

"And you thought Feathers was a stupid name..." Logan mumbled.

"Oh shut up."
Fred hopped back into the coop and joined the the last unnamed chicken at the feeder.
Logan filled the feeder and the chickens chowed on ... well, what ever chickens eat.

"Woah! Look at this little guy go, he almost eats as much as me!"
I laughed at Logan admiring the chicken's appetite.

"Well, we should name it Guts then."

"I was thinking Lil' Logan..." Logan gave me a puppy dog face, widening his dark green eyes.

"Ok, Lil' Logan it is." I gave in and Logan smiled.


"DAD! WILLARD WON'T WEAR HIS PRINCESS DRESS FOR MY TEA PARTY!"
Mia's screech could be heard half way across Sunlit Tides. Logan sighed.

"I guess I have to go now, good luck! I will be over tomorrow to check on you."

"Ok see you then!"
Logan ran off in the direction of Mia and Willard's wails.

~*~*~*~

"So, who was that guy that was over here earlier?"
Neil plopped down on the couch next to me.
"Oh, that was Logan."
Neil raised an eyebrow
"So, is he a boyfriend?"
I almost spit my coffee out on my lap.
"WHAT!? Where would you get that idea?!"

"He has been here all day, and your children look an awful lot like him."
I laid down my coffee.
"No, Logan and I are just friends."
"So what about the kids? Are they his?" Neil asked.

"Yeah, I'm doing this thing called a 100 baby challenge. I was doing it with my husband but..." I broke off and touched my wedding ring, which I still wore, with my other hand. Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about Jed.
I felt a warm hand on my back, and turned to look into Neil's reassuring lilac eyes.
"Are you ok?"
I shook my head, tears rolling down my cheeks. I wasn't Ok, I would never be ok again.


"What happened to him? You can tell me."
I looked into his eyes again, and for the second time since Jed died, I felt like I could trust someone.
"He died... In a fire."
Neil's face instantly filled with sympathy.
 "I'm so sorry..." he sighed. "And the twins? Was he their-"
"Their father," I finished for him.


Neil's eyes drifted towards them playing in the corner.
He turned to look at me again and wiped away my tears with his thumb.
"It'll get better. I promise," He reassured me.
I sniffled, smiled slightly, and tried to gather myself.


"So, how about you? Do you have a girlfriend back wherever you're from? Or a boyfriend I don't judge," I asked, changing the topic from Jed's death.

Neil chuckled to himself. "I'm 100% straight, but no, I don't have a girlfriend, which doesn't exactly back me up on that statement."

We both laughed.

"Momma!" Mason came up to me and crawled into my lap.
"What sweetie?" I cooed as I stroked his silky purple hair.
"I'm sweepy," he yawned.

I passed him to Neil "Here, Neil will bring you to bed."
Neil went to bring Mason upstairs, but before he left the room, I called out to him.
"Neil?"
"What?"
"Thank you."

~*~*~*~*~

The sound of crumpling plastic and slamming cupboard doors woke me up from my slumber on the couch.
"BECKS! EXPLAIN THIS INSANITY!"
The sound of Chloe's voice shocked me out of my grogginess.
I remembered the pain in my stomach before I could sit up too quickly, and slowly eased myself up into a sitting position.

"Chloe? Whats wrong?"
Chloe stormed into the living room.

"WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ANY MARSHMALLOWS AND WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING ON THE COUCH AND OH MY GOD WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU BRUSHED YOUR HAIR?!?"
She immediately started to try and fix my lopsided curly hair.

"Um, I don't remember when I last brushed my hair, I can't go upstairs to my bedroom, and I really don't remember when marshmallows became a nutrition staple."
Chloe looked at me like my head was screwed on backwards.
"MARSHMALLOWS NOT A NUTRITION STAPLE!?!? WHATS WRONG WITH Y- wait,"
She paused her rant and gave me another weird look.
"Why can't you go upstairs?"

I sighed "Because I was abducted by aliens and now I'm on bed rest."



"Oh, and I guess the aliens ate all of your marshmallows too," Chloe rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious!"

"You're insane!"

"Whats going on?
Logan entered the room still, for some reason, wearing the same overalls outfit as he was yesterday.
"Becks is saying she was abducted by marshmallow stealing aliens!"

Logan scratched his head.
"Well, she is telling the truth about the abduction part, but I'm not so sure about the marshmallows."

Chloe's eye began to twitch, a sure sign she was disturbed by what Logan had just said.

"Explain" She put her hand on her hip and looked at Logan and I.

I opened my mouth to start explaining, but before I could get a word out, my phone went off.

"Is that the Adventure Time theme song?"


"Shut up Chloe I'm trying to listen to the message."

The message ended, and an expression of shock washed over my face. The phone dropped out of my hand and crashed onto the floor. I tried to speak but nothing happened.
"Becks! Whats wrong?" Logan asked frantically.
I looked at the worried faces of my best friends.

"I'm pregnant."



~*~*~*~*~

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

THANK YOU to Chloe and Logan. Without them this post would have never been possible 

I hope you enjoyed it! PLEASE don't be afraid to comment, I love to see what you think!

A big thanks to Logan for gifting me the chicken coop! CHICKENS

~Amiee

~Edited with love by Logan Fey~

15 comments:

  1. This is a great post, truly.
    I had a good laugh at Chloe and Logan, especially Logan in his overalls.
    Pregnant? Doesn't surprise me >.<
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil is just so... BEAUTIFUL *_* Not as beautiful as Logan though xD I wonder who helped make him.... *cough* xD

    Logan thinking it was Mia xD

    The chicken coop is so cute!!!!!!!! :3

    It's ok Mia, I'm sure Willard will give in to playing tea party sooner or later xD

    Neil is just so nice :') and Mason is a purple ball of cute ^_^ <3

    Chloe xD That's just, the best she's ever been in a post xD It definitely showed her personality xD Just for the record, I ALWAYS have marshmallows in my RL cabinet xD

    *ANOTHER LE GASP* PREGNANT?! I WONDER HOW THIS HAPPENED. Psh, I don't know ANYTHING.... ;)

    AMAZING POST AS ALWAYS :D

    Love ya and can't wait for the next one! :D

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some one has a pixel crushhhhhh :3
      And the someone who helped me make him is very awesome ^_^
      Mia is a trouble maker and CHICKENNSSS
      MASON <3 PURPLE BABY
      I LOVE WRITING CHLOE SHE MAKES ME LAUGH SO MUCH >.<
      PREGGERZ AGAIN! :O
      Thank you and luv ya too <3

      Delete
  3. KNEW IT!!!!!!!
    ALIEN BABY!!!!!
    <3 Love it <3

    ~Hailey
    (aka Dawn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee hee!
      I can't wait to see the little green ball of cute :3
      So glad you liked it ^_^

      Delete
  4. EMAGERD YES! GREEN BABIES! LOVE ME SOME ALIEN PREGNANCIES, would be funny if the bun was in logan's oven ;) ahahhahah
    Great chapter as always my dear, lovely photos :)
    xoxo Aideybabes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D EXCITEDNESSSS
      don't worry, the aliens are not done yet ;)
      Thank you so much ^_^ <3

      Delete
  5. I SO CALLED BECKS BEING PREGNANT
    HOLY SHIT
    MAYA: 1

    ~ Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it that I missed this post????Grrrrr!!!! It was great and I kind of like Neil. Will Mr. Fey have a bit of competition? I can't wait to see this new bebe!!!

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its ok, with all of the craziness on my fb i miss alot of posts too. Thank you! I kinda like Neil as well, maybe he will be a bit of competition ;) The new bebe is adorable <3 I can't wait for you all to see her!

      ~Amiee/Becks

      Delete
  7. Psh Neil, what a stupid name.
    Chloe...Should've put an alarm on those windows.
    I will be sure to do that for the next house!
    Which btw the house looks so prettay :3
    I LOVED THE CHICKENS.
    PLUS THE PICTURES OF THE CHICKENS.
    AND THE INTERACTION WITH THE CHICKENS.
    THE STORY LINE WITH THE CHICKENS! <3 <3 <3
    It makes me happy because I still have not played with the chickens but I can live vicariously through you. Plus Logan building Becks a chicken coop <3
    THATS WHAT REAL MAN DO NEIL! TAKE SOME NOTES!
    Yay for chickens!
    Great post <3 <3 <3

    Love you!

    LOGAN XOXO

    ReplyDelete