Tuesday 4 September 2012

Not Falling Apart ~ Lucky Palms Chapter 5

Becks P.O.V

"I wonder what's in this one!" Dai exclaimed excitedly, proceeding to tear the brightly colored paper off of the box. His hand reached inside and pulled out a toy orca. "Happy birthday Dai" Logan said. "it's for in the bath." Dai got up and hugged Logan



 "Thanks Logan!" "No problem kiddo, now go open your last gift." Dai sat next to Adele in front of the small box Adele had insisted he open last. "Its from your mom, it has to be good!" she had said. Dai finally opened the small box and pulled out a blue dog leash.

As he looked at it curiously, I ran to the  bedroom of Cassandra's house to get the real gift. Dai was still staring at the leash when I brought in the real surprise, a rainbow puppy with black spots.

I lay the puppy on the floor and it waddled over to Dai who instantly picked it up. "Is it really mine? Where did you get him! What's his name?" a million questions shot out of his mouth and I laughed, "Yes, she is all yours Dai, and I got her from Adele's big sister Carlie. You get to pick out her name."

Dai pondered what I had told him. "Ummmm..... I think I will name her Fae!" Fae barked in agreement. "that's a great name Dai!" Adele exclaimed, and Dai let her hold Fae. Fae licked Adele's nose and she giggled. "I think she likes you Adele" Dai said and Adele blushed.

 I smiled and tried to sit comfortably on the floor, with my growing baby bump. The bump was small but noticeable, and I kept it covered with loose fitting clothes. I had seen Robin eyeing my slightly protruding stomach, but he never asked about it.

Everyday my clothes got tighter, I wondered how I was going to hide it. Dai sat in my lap. "This was the best birthday ever mom!" l kissed his head. "I'm glad you had a good day sweetie! Is there anything else you would like to do for your birthday?" Dai thought.

"Can we go fishing off of the docks with Adele and Logan?" I looked to Logan who nodded. "Sure! Let's bring Robin too, he is a good fisher" at the sound of his name, Robin's head popped up. "What?" "Were going fishing Robin, do you want to come?" Robin smiled "Of course! I'll go grab my tackle box and rods!"

It was windy at the docks, making it slightly cool, which was strange for Lucky Palms, but greatly appreciated. We had been there for 10 minutes and Dai had already caught 5 fish. I was watching my son with pride, when suddenly, there were two of him floating around.

 I put my hand to my head and blinked to try and get rid of the double vision when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I let out a cry of pain and collapsed on the dock. I heard Dai scream and Robin shout my name before everything went black.

When I became conscious again, I was on a stretcher. I was moving quickly , doctors frantically shouting orders. I looked to my left and Robin was there looking at me. "Robin" I croaked "what's happening?" "You passed out at the dock, your at the hospital." I was starting to slip back into unconsciousness

"My baby.." I managed to get out. "Dai's ok, he's with Logan and Adele" At first I was confused, and then I remembered. Nobody knows I'm pregnant. "No, not Dai..." Robin looked at me puzzled. "Robin" I looked him right in the eyes "I'm pregnant" before he could respond I had become unconscious.

~*~*~*~*~

The next few days at the hospital passed quickly. As soon as I woke up, the doctors explained I had lost the baby. "The umbilical cord was wrapped around the fetus's neck, and it didn't survive. It was too far along for the uterus to dispose of naturally, so we had to  surgery to remove it."

I felt like someone had stabbed me through the heart. "was it a boy or a girl?" I managed to get out. "It was a little girl" Tears started rolling down my cheeks. "You can leave the hospital tomorrow" the doctor left me alone to mourn.

I managed to pull myself together before Robin came in to see me. I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off "The doctor already told me." I let out a sigh of relief. "Did you tell anyone?" I asked. "Not yet, not even Cassandra" "Good. Nobody can know I was pregnant" Robin nodded.

"How did It happen Becks?"
"I don't remember..... It must have happened when I was at the club. I have no idea who the father was." tears started to roll down my cheeks again. "Don't cry! It wasn't your fault. I won't tell a soul that you were pregnant. We can just say you blacked out and the doctors wanted to keep you under surveillance for a couple of days to make sure you were alright, ok?"

I wiped the tears from my eyes. "Thank you so much Robin." Robin smiled "Anytime, now get some rest ok?" Robin left the room and I quickly fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~

The morning came quickly and as soon as I woke up, I checked out of the hospital. Cassindra was waiting with Dai in the hotel room when I returned. "Mom!" Dai happily ran over for a hug. "I'm so glad that your ok!" I buried my face in his wavy purple hair. "I'm glad I'm ok too."

 Cassandra helped me and Dai pack and then said goodbye. We got in the car and Dai asked "Where are we going mom?" "Were going home, but first, we have to make a visit to Logan and Adele's new house."

~*~*~*~*~

Ahhhh! I've missed you guys! Hopefully this post will make up for my absence.

Becks is going to be in Logans challenge! Read all about it HERE (when I link it LOL its not out yet)
Don't miss it!

Too all of you who are gone back to school, I hope that the teachers don't give you too much homework, and to those who are still enjoying their summer (like me) have fun with your last bit of freedom!

~Amiee

7 comments:

  1. DSKJFHSDLKHF *cries*

    WHY?!!?

    :'( Becks better get better.

    AMAZING :D

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT WAS SO INTENSE!!!
    I loved the beginning, I looked great! I'm glad Dai likes the puppy, and the puppy with Dai and then licking Adele was super adorable!
    :( Poor Becks...losing a baby... :'(
    I hope she is ok :(
    It's good that she got out and got back to Dai though :)
    TO LOGAN'S HOUSE FOR BABIES!!!
    AWAY!!!!!!!!

    Love

    Logan XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psht You always look good >.<
      Dai loves his new puppy!
      :'( poor Becks
      Yes! Dai needs his mommy <3
      BABIES YAY!!!!

      <3

      ~Amiee

      Delete
  3. Love <3 , I can't believe she lost the baby :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read everything! Love love loved it! (yes I know I used 'love loved loved it' on FB too xD)

    So sad that she lost the baby D:

    I really can't wait for the next post ;)

    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete