Monday 27 August 2012

Just a Dream? ~ Lucky Palms Chapter 4

Robins P.O.V

I was still in bed with Cassy when I heard frantic knocking on the door. I quickly got up, put on my robe and  ran out to see who was at the door.
"Keenan? What the hell! Its 6 in the morning!" My friend Guy Keenan, was standing at my door, looking slightly spooked and still wearing the clothes he wore to the party last night.

"Im leaving town for a while... a long while." Guy tossed his house keys at me and I quickly caught them. "I need you to check up on my house every once in a while ok? I will get you my number when I get where im going." Guy turned around to leave and I stopped him

 "Woah, wait a minute Keenan, whats going on?" Guys eyes widened and he looked at the ground "Something happened and I... I gotta go." Guy turned around and walked back to his car. "When will you be back!" I yelled "When I get everything sorted out" Guy drove off.

I went back to my room and got dressed, then woke up Cassy. "What..?" She mumbled. "We have to go check on your mom remember!" "Oh" Cassy sat up and stretched. "I will make breakfast and you can go dress Lilly and Dai." "Ok" I responded and went to the nursery to dress Lilly and Dai. Dai woke up and spent the whole time I was getting him and Lilly ready screaming for his mom. "Its ok Dai, we will see mommy soon" I tried to calm him but it was no use, he just kept screaming.


I carried him into the kitchen, still screaming, and Cassy quickly took him from my arms. "Robin! What did you do to him!" "I didnt do anything! He wants Becks" Cassy rocked Dai in her arms until he calmed down.

I came up behind her "Your so good with kids..." Cassy raised her eyebrow "Are you trying to tell me something Robin?" She put Dai on the floor and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Maybe" I said and I kissed her. "But now we have to feed the kids and go see if Becks is ok".

Becks P.O.V

My dreams were filled with terror. I was laying on the ground, bleeding heavily from a gun shot wound in my shoulder and other various cuts and scratches. I could hear Jed's panicked voice as he tried to stop the bleeding on my shoulder with his hand.

 "Is she ok? Becks! can you hear me! Don't die on me now!" I tried to tell him I was ok, to comfort him, say it was only a dream, but my lips wouldn't move. He knelt over me crying "Somebody help her!" and everything went black.

 I opened my eyes again and I was in a hospital. I turned and looked at my reflection in the mirror, and saw myself, covered in scars, blood and bandages, wearing a hospital gown.

 A faint crying sound came from further down the hallway. I followed the noise until I reached the surgery wing of the hospital , where Jed was sitting outside of the operating room, silently sobbing.

Sitting next to him was a blonde haired man, with his face buried in his hands. I reached out to touch him, and the dream went black again.

Still dreaming, I found myself in the hospitals NICU. It was eerily quiet, except for the soft crying of one baby. I once again followed the crys and found myself staring into my own eyes, on a blonde haired baby girl. I gasped and took a step back, then i felt a hand on my shoulder.

It was Jed. He started shaking my shoulder "Becks? Becks wake up! Wake up Becks!" I woke up with a start gasping and saw Robin and Cassy looking at me, concerned faces turning into ones of pure relief and happiness.

"I told you she was fine!" Cassy said to Robin an a knowing tone.
Robin ignored her and continued looking at me. "Do you remember what happened last night?"
Last night... All I could remember was the dream. I put my hand on my shoulder, feeling for a bullet hole and found nothing. "I don't remember...."


Robin looked at me concerned "How did you get home?"
I reached into my memories again, still only recalling the dream "I don't know Robin"
"Stop asking her questions! She probably got drunk and walked home. The main thing is that she is ok."

"You are ok right, Mom?"
I inspected my shoulder again before responding with the word "Yes"
Robin nodded "Well, were going to take care of Dai for you today, so rest ok?"
"Sure"

Not too long after Robin and Cassy left with Lilly and Dai, I felt the all to familiar feeling of nausea wash over me and I ran to the bathroom and threw up. I started to panic. What if i'm pregnant? I stopped myself from freaking out, by convincing myself that I had just had too many drinks last night.
Two more bouts of nausea and pains in my stomach had me walking to the drug store to pick up  a pregnancy test.

I paced around the bathroom waiting for the result.
For the first time in my life, I actually wanted it to be negative. When the positive sign showed I tossed the tester across the room and cried.

How was I going to tell my family and friends that I was pregnant and I didn't know who the father was!
Worse still, How was I going to tell Jed that I was pregnant and the father definitely wasn't him!
I sat on the floor crying for an hour, looking at my slightly swollen stomach before I finally decided what I was going to do.


I wasnt going to tell anyone.


~*~*~*~

Sorry about the lack of pictures... I needed to get this post out tonight!
THIS IS MY 40TH BLOG POST!!!!
Thats Crazy!
Thank you to all of my readers! I wouldnt have gotten this far without you!!
I will not be able to read your comments until Thursday :(
Have a great week!

~Amiee :D












5 comments:

  1. JSDKFHKJSADLHFLKSD *freaks out*

    *cries* I can't wait for more ^_^

    Correction: "That's cray-cray." xD

    Loved it!! :D

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Becks... yikes...how is she going to keep this from everyone?

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wasn't a dream. That was a memory. So, is that what happened to her then, that caused her memory loss, and what about that baby, and the new one too? OMG , you better post another chapter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH
    I loved this, even though you told me what was going to happen during it!
    Dai is cute as always, and I liked all of it. I think it was funny how Cassy was yelling while wearing a Keep calm and carry on shirt.
    Can't wait until the next chapter, and until you come back!

    Love,

    Logan XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, awesome post!!!! :) Oh gosh... I'm not sure what's going to happen so I'll just say, I can't wait for the next one! I wonder how the "not talking about that baby" is going to work for Becks. :p

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete