Saturday 30 June 2012

I Still Love You ♥



"Damn, its hot today" I took off my dress shirt and stuffed it into my bag, along with my jacket and tie that had come off before the meeting started. "you would think that after living here for 5 years you would get used to the heat" I mumbled to myself as I got in my convertible. 


The radio automatically tuned into the nearest station, 76.9 HITSfm and the song The One That Got Away started blaring through the speakers. I'd heard the song before on the old radio at work, but had never actually gotten to the chance to really listen to the lyrics.

Summer after high school when we first met
We made out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my 18th Birthday
We got matching tattoos

Used to steal your parents' liquor
And climb to the roof
Talk about our future
Like we had a clue
Never planned that one day
I'd be losing you

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world
In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

I was June and you were my Johnny Cash
Never one without the other we made a pact
Sometimes when I miss you
I put those records on 

Someone said you had your tattoo removed
Saw you downtown singing the Blues
It's time to face the music
I'm no longer your muse

But in another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world
In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away
The one that got away

All this money can't buy me a time machine (Nooooo)
Can't replace you with a million rings (Nooooo)
I should've told you what you meant to me (Whoa)
'Cause now I pay the price

 I slammed my fist into the off button before pulling over on the side of the desert road and putting my head in my hands. "Get over yourself Keenan. Your not going to see her again, and she was never meant to be with you. Cut this shit out." 

the truth was, I would never get over that girl. She was my soul mate, my other half, but fate just wouldn't let me have her. 

I started up the engine of my car and turned around, heading towards the bistro.

 I walked into the bistro and ordered a coffee, before heading outside to drink it. Without paying attention I took a huge gulp "DAMN" the hot coffee seared my tongue. I tossed the paper cup and the remainder of the coffee into the garbage. 

I looked out at the sun setting beyond the red sand hills, and the memories were so vivid it hurt.

 Riding bike together, swimming, lounging at the beach.  All of the good times  we had together. I cursed under my breath. "Your not making this any easier on yourself Keenan, its been 5 whole freaking years. Why cant you just forget her?" 

A couple of people glanced at me, the crazy cop and I thought for a minute that they had heard me talking to myself. I turned away and realized that they were looking at me because I still had my shirt off. Typical. 

At home in the shower the ice cold water sent shivers through my body. The shock of the cold water on my hot skin tried to imitate the way I felt when I was with her, touching her, kissing her, but it was never the same.


 I crawled into bed and looked at the few pictures of me and her I had on my desk. 

"Becks...." I whispered. "I still love you".



12 comments:

  1. My reaction upon reading this ---> :O

    Wow I am at loss. This makes an awesome plot twist. I am easily swayed and so I really feel for poor Keenan.

    I liked the picture of all of those pictures of Becks. Gah, you wrote this so beautifully with the song and the pictures.

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved writing this post :D
      Poor Keenan...... He had her first :'(
      He still might get a second chance ;)
      OMGS im still dying... Becks looks better as a teen than she does as a ya
      how does that happen :O
      glad you liked the song part, i was listening to that song and it was like "this would be good for a Keenan post LOL"

      ~Amiee

      Delete
  2. Woah :0

    This post surprised me! It was very well written and a just loved the pictures, very well taken. Great plot twist Amiee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kurtis!!
    This was the first time ever I used movie maker mode
    why didnt i use it before!! its so much nicer :D
    the twist..... i like it as well :D

    ~Amiee

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was...it was... Simply put, I'm speechless. :O The whole post was just so dang beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!
      the beautifulness is courtesy of Lucky Palms :D
      that place is totally worth downloading!
      again... im SOO glad that you liked it!!!!!!

      ~Becks and Amiee

      Delete
  5. I really liked this post. The lyrics and pictures went great together! I love that song too. Becks is really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou!!
      Becks is blushing <3
      I just love that song! i was listening to it on my ipod while i wrote this

      ~Amiee and Becks

      Delete
  6. O, M, G. that, was, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post.... but Keenan she is with Jed. Ugh.

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete