Friday 21 December 2012

Some Things are Best Left Unspoken


I didn't say a word in the days leading up to or following the funeral. Days and weeks passed by in a mist of people coming to send their condolences.
Not all of my kids could make it. It wasnt a cheap trip to Sunlit Tides and It was almost Christmas. Cassy and Robin dropped by one day... I can't remember when.
I also think I saw Yasmeen, although I can't remember much about it at all.

"Becks... Wake up, you need to eat something" Natalie nudged me where I slept on the couch.
I sat up and silently took the bowl of soup from her.
Natalie was hell bent on me eating, I had lost a considerable amount of weight since Jed died.
"Still not talking, huh?" Natalie plopped down on the couch next to me and sighed.
I quickly finished my soup and handed back the empty bowl.

The doorbell rang for the hundredth time and Natalie got up to answer it.
"Is Becks awake?" I heard Chloe ask, and Logan cough in the background.
"Yeah she is over here" I cringed. I didn't want to see anyone, especially two of my best friends who were going to try to get me to talk.
Chloe and Logan walked over to the couch and sat next to it on the floor.

"Hey Becks..." Chloe said carefully. "Natalie said that you are doing better, your getting up to eat" I opened my eyes and looked at Chloe. She was wearing a black coat and boots.
Chloe sighed. "I hope you come back to us soon Becks, we really miss you." She got up and left me alone in the living room with Logan.

Logan pulled a card out of his pocket. "I got you a card..." He laid it on the floor and looked at me.
His green eyes looked sad. I know him and Jed didn't get along that well, but he looked as if someone he knew very well was gone.
"The girls and Chance miss you... They can't wait for you to get better so they can come see you."
My babies. I missed them so much. I longed to ask how they were doing, but that would mean breaking my oath of silence. Tears started to roll down my face.

Logan stood up. "I.. I better get going now" He stuttered and started to walk away.
"Wait.." I choked, my voice dry and cracked. Logan spun around and knelt back on the floor infront of me.
"Becks! You're-" I cut him off by putting my hand over his mouth.

"Shhh, I just wanted to ask how the kids are doing..." I whispered.
Logan nodded and smiled. "Well, Lourdes is doing really good with her piano lessons. She can play two new songs now. Maggie has started reading the Harry Potter books. Its been 3 days and she is already on the second book."
I smiled. Thats my Lourdes and Maggie.

"How is Jeanie?" I whispered. 
"She is still trying to find out what she likes, although she is painting now and she is very good at it. She made a picture for you for when she gets to see you again, she wont let me see it, but im sure its wonderful if Jeanie made it."
"I wan't to see them" I squeaked. "I miss them too much."
Logan looked at me surprised. "Are you sure your ready?"
I nodded and Logan left to go get the girls.


About 20 minutes later I heard the door open again.
Maggie, Jeanie and Lourdes were talking and Logan shushed them.
"Mom is over here" I heard him say and he lead them to the couch.
I sat up, Maggie came over first.

"Hi mommy" She waved
"Hi Maggie darling, come here" Maggie walked over to the couch and sat on my lap.
"Mommy, when can we come home? I miss you and my room, and daddy can't cook half as good as you can."
I pulled Maggie into a hug. "Soon sweetie, soon."

Lourdes was next. "Hi mommy!" she said happily.
"Hi baby, dad said you learned some new songs."
Lourdes smiled proudly. " I did! I learned frosty the snow man and jingle bells for Christmas!"
"Thats great Lourdes! Will you play them for me when you come home?"
Lourdes nodded furiously. "Definitely!"

Jeanie was last. "Hi mommy, I painted you a picture! Do you want to see it?"
I smiled. "Of course I do"
Jeanie lifted up a painting of a family. "Its me, you , daddy, Maggie and Lourdes."
"I love it" I said and Jeanie smiled. "Why don't you put it over on the table and I will hang it on the wall later."
I kissed her on the head and Jeanie nodded and laid her painting carefully on the table.

"Mom," Jeanie paused before walking away. "Are we going to get to come home for Christmas?"
Jeanie looked at me hopefully. I had almost forgotten about Christmas. How could I miss spending Christmas with my darling girls?
I looked at Logan who smiled at me and nodded.
"Yes baby, how about you come home on Christmas eve and we can spend all night together?"

All three girls clapped in delight. "See you on Christmas eve mommy!" Jeanie waved and the girls left with Logan.
I stood up and smiled. I was going to get to spend Christmas with my girls.


~*~*~*~*~

Another short but nice post!
Next post is Christmas and I don't know about you guys but I can't wait!!
4 days 'till christmas!!
Hope you enjoyed! I love to see your comments, they make my day so much happier 
~Amiee

4 comments:

  1. This post was kind of sad, but I thought it was a good transition from the death to whatever you have planned for Christmas.

    Love it

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ashby! Im glad you liked it. Hopefully Christmas can be a little bit happier for the Best family!

      Delete
  2. POOR BECKSIE :'( I LOVE YOUUUUU

    CHLOE LOOKS SO CUTEEEEEEE ^_^ I LOVE HER DRESS AND HER HAIR!!! WHERE DID YOU GET HER HAIR? :D

    *shrieks* SHE TALKED TO LOGAN ^_^ FINE THEN, I SEE HOW IT IS. DON'T TALK TO YOUR BEST GIRL FRIEND >.<

    MAGGIE, JEANIE, AND LOURDES LOOK ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE :3 AUNT CHLOE LOVES YOUUUUU <3

    YAY!!! THEY GET TO SPEND CHRISTMAS WITH BECKS ^_^

    NEXT POST. NOW. RIGHT NOW. LIKE, TYPE IT UP, GET THE PICTURES, AND POST IT RIGHT NOW. AND IF YOU DON'T, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE >:) ....... >.<

    LUB YOU! <3

    ~Chloe <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm helpful! and I got you to talk!

    My cooking is not that bad lol >.<

    I CAN PLAY JINGLE BELLS ON PIANO TOO! (aka the only song I can play)

    She needs to play Frosty and have a pic of her doing it at like a family Christmas thing or something like that.

    I love Jeanie's little bow!

    Such a cute post, I love all our girls, and it's a great set up for what I know will be an epic Christmas post.

    I saw those tissues by Becks on the couch, on the end table. Yeah, it's like fate that I knew to put those there. I must be like a genius or something.

    CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS POST!!!

    LOVE,

    LOGAN XOXO

    ReplyDelete